The greatest gifts aren’t bought, they’re built. That’s the story behind our carbon hardtail, the DV9. Inspired by his high school XC racing daughter, Lili Heim, Ibis Partner and CEO Hans Heim set out to build a bike that could own race day, devour singletrack, explore the backcountry, and it had to be affordable enough that she could pay for it with a summer job.
Compared to our previous hardtail, the reach on the DV9 has grown by 20-24mm depending on size. We also slackened the head tube to 67.4° with a 120mm fork and 68.5° with a 100mm fork. These numbers give the bike a confident feel at speed, without compromising light, and crisp handling.
- Fork: Fox Float Rhythm 34, 120mm, Grip, 29”, 110x15
- Wheels: Ibis 938 Alloy, Ibis Hubs
- Tires: Schwalbe Hans Dampf (front) Nobby Nic (rear) 29 x 2.6
- Brakes: SRAM Level
- Brake Rotors: SRAM Centerline 180 / 160 rotors
- Crankset: SRAM NX, 24mm spindle, 30t Steel Ring (175)
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM GXP XR
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX 11 Speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM NX 11 Speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG 1130 11-42
- Chain: SRAM NX with Power Lock, 11 speed
- Headset: Cane Creek 40: ZS44/EC49
- Grips: Lizard Skins Charger Evo
- Handlebars: Ibis 780mm Alloy
- Stem: Ibis 31.8mm
- Seatpost: Ibis 31.6 Aluminum, 350mm
- Saddle: WTB Silverado 142.
Early Pickup: You may pick this bike up one hour before store closing time the evening before your first rental day at no extra charge.
- All bikes MUST be returned before store closing on your LAST RENTAL DAY to avoid additional rental charges.
- Prices include a helmet, lock and a flat kit.
- This bike rental requires a $1500.00 credit card deposit on the day of rental.
Are you unable to reserve the item you want on the date you want it? Online rental reservations must be made at least 4 days in advance, but walk-in's are always welcome. Rental availability is variable depending on returns. Please do not call to check on availability, as we do not accept hold requests via phone. Just come into the store as soon as you can and we should be able to outfit you for any adventure!
||1 day of use
||2-4 days of use
||5-9 days of use
||up to 30 days of use